TeamKnect's Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERM AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH ALUMNI SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT LLC, trading as TEAMKNECT ("TEAMKNECT"), OFFERS YOU (THE "USER" OR "YOU" OR "YOUR") AN ACCOUNT (THE "ACCOUNT") FOR USE OF THE TEAMKNECT SERVICE (THE "TEAMKNECT SERVICE") BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW AS WELL AS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PUBLISHED ON THE TEAMKNECT SITE AT WWW.TEAMKNECT.COM (THE "SITE"). IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE. TEAMKNECT MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT AT THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
THE SERVICETEAMKNECT provides the TEAMKNECT Service with the capability to send e-mail messages and SMS/text messages via the World Wide Web on the TEAMKNECT system. TEAMKNECT also provides a team and its members with a dedicated online team space from which team members can interact with each other through the utility offered on their teampages. TEAMKNECT may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue the TEAMKNECT Service, including the availability of any features of the Site, at any time.
- There are no fees associated with using the core TeamKnect service. TeamKnect operates an acceptable use policy and reserves the right to remove any team or teams that is in breach of this policy. In addition to the free core service, TeamKnect offers the following premium functionality: Payment processing in the USA Charges for all of these additional services are clearly specified at point of purchase.
- TeamKnect has been established as an advertising and sponsor funded business, however TeamKnect reserves the right to introduce charges or fees for the TeamKnect service. Prior to any such introduction TeamKnect will communicate with its members, obtain relevant consents, and establish associated payment processes.
As a sponsor and advertisement funded service, we regularly run ad campaigns for
brands which can include:
Ad collateral appearing on the TeamKnect.com website.
An ad appearing at the bottom of an email created and sent by a team organiser regarding a team event.
Email offers related to the team which a TeamKnect member participates in, these email offers can be unsubscribed from with one click and unsubscribing in no way hinders a TeamKnect members ability to use the system.
YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS WILL NEVER BE GIVEN OR SOLD TO A THIRD PARTY ADVERTISER.
- Accounts are not available to minors or any person who cannot legally agree to the terms of this Agreement. By accepting these terms, you confirm that you are capable of entering into a binding agreement. You must accurately complete any subscriber information requested by TEAMKNECT. The TEAMKNECT Service is intended to appeal to a broad audience, and therefore it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to determine whether any use of the TEAMKNECT Services are appropriate for your child.
- To open an account for usage of the TEAMKNECT Service, the User must provide true and accurate information as labeled by the Registration Form and shall regularly update such information to keep it true and accurate. The User shall provide a valid email address and/or mobile phone number belonging to them and choose a password, and keep these details up to date so that both TeamKnect and your team can communicate with you effectively.
- We reserve the right to remove or change a member profile at any time if we deem it to be in breach of terms and conditions or of an inappropriate nature.
PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- The User is entirely responsible for the privacy, confidentiality and storage of email addresses and/or mobile phone number, and password used to access the system. All website activities that can be traced to the email address and password of the User are deemed as having been performed by User. TEAMKNECT does not assume any liability for content of messages sent and is exempt from any claim that may arise from third parties as a result of message sent. You are fully responsible for any charges and liabilities incurred through the use of the TEAMKNECT Service or Your Account and for any activities conducted through Your Account. In addition, TEAMKNECT may temporarily disable access to Your Account if You report unauthorized use or if usage of the Account dramatically exceeds normal usage patterns within a short time period. The User agrees to notify TEAMKNECT immediately of any unauthorized use of the account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must keep your login and account details confidential at all times, and in the event that you suspect that your login details have been compromised, that you inform TeamKnect immediately by contacting us by telephone or email to email@example.com
USE OF ACCOUNT
You warrant that you will not use the TEAMKNECT Service for any of the following
purposes or in any of the following manners:
to impersonate or harass any other person.
to send any information that is or the disclosure of which would libelous, abusive, threatening, false, fraudulent, misleading, or obscene; that misappropriates or infringes any person's proprietary right (including posting any links or URLs that you do not have the right to post or disclose).
that violates any person's rights of privacy or publicity.
to send messages that contain any sexual, racist or discriminatory content constituting harassment of any individual or organization.
that constitutes or that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including applicable export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising laws, and without limiting the foregoing you specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of the technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
to intercept any communications not intended for you.
to release, post, distribute or execute any viruses or other harmful computer code.
to upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party.
to engage in "spamming," transmission of "junk mail" or "chain letters" or unsolicited mass distribution of sms and e-mail or any similar conduct.
- At our discretion and without further notice, we may use anti-spam technologies, such as automatic word and spam filters, that may terminate messages You send without delivering them or prevent messages from reaching You. User may not use the TEAMKNECT Service in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (as determined by us in light of the purposes for which you are using the TEAMKNECT Service and the load imposed by other users generally) on our infrastructure or that otherwise would harm or breach our arrangements with any of our service providers.
- You acknowledge that TEAMKNECT may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the TEAMKNECT Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that messages or other uploaded content will be retained by the TEAMKNECT Service, the maximum number of messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the TEAMKNECT Service, the maximum size of any message that may be sent from or received by an account on the TEAMKNECT Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on the SMS servers on Your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) You may access the TEAMKNECT Service in a given period of time. You agree that TEAMKNECT has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by the TEAMKNECT Service. You acknowledge that TEAMKNECT reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that TEAMKNECT reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- We reserve the right to remove any messageboard or team content which we deem to be in breach of our terms and conditions. Opinions expressed on a team messageboard do not represent our views, they only represent the views of the individual who posted the opinion.
- You agree that you are responsible and liable for any content posted on the TeamKnect website by you, which includes pictures, images, words or data.
- You agree that if you become aware of any content on the website which may be in breach of 4.3, to notify us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree that TeamKnect is not responsible for the activity of any user of the website and that TeamKnect does not monitor content posted to the site. You use the site at your own risk and accept that you may be exposed to content which may be reasonably considered to be in breach of our Terms and Conditions of use, in which case you will notify us accordingly.
- You warrant that you will not use the TEAMKNECT Service for any of the following purposes or in any of the following manners:
ESTABLISHING A TEAMPAGEYou may establish a teampage or ‘group space’ on TeamKnect, and in doing so, you acknowledge and agree that;
- The information added by you to invite your team members represents accurate and correct contact data for the individuals concerned, and that you have their consent to communicate with them on matters relating to the organisation of your ‘team’ or ‘group’ being organised using the TeamKnect service.
- Members added by you to your teampage will be invited to join your team and will have access to your teampage via a password which is unique to each individual member. Member passwords are communicated privately to invited members via the email provided for that team member as you add them to your team.
- By accessing team content, members are deemed to be using the TeamKnect service and agree to the TeamKnect terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to delete or remove, any teampage which contains content which we consider to be in breach of TeamKnect terms and conditions of use.
Members choosing to use the TeamKnect Payments to collect payments from team members
understand that all TeamKnect Payment activities are undertaken and operated by
Stripe (https://stripe.com) and are subject to Stripe's Terms and Conditions which
are available here.
- Republic of Ireland
- United Kingdom
- All TeamKnect Payment financial transactions, the storing of financial data and the transfer of funds is managed and handled entirely by Stripe and are not the responsibility of TeamKnect or TeamKnect Payments.
TEAMKNECT E-MAIL AND SMS SERVICE
- As part of the TeamKnect Service, TeamKnect enables the communication of event details to your members via SMS and/or Email. TeamKnect members mobile number and/or email address can be included in their registered profile.
- TeamKnect E-Mail service is available worldwide.
- TeamKnect accepts no liability for any email content sent via the TeamKnect system, and does not monitor content of messaging sent by users.
- TeamKnect members can opt out from receiving email notifications at any time by removing their email address from their registered profile or by sending an email to email@example.com requesting to no longer receive emails.
Your wireless/mobile service provider may charge you
a fee for the ability to receive text messages, or a per message fee for the delivery (or attempted delivery) of text messages to your mobile phone
a fee for airtime or other connection fees in connection with your downloading of information or messages from or uploading of information or messages to the TEAMKNECT Service
roaming fees if delivery of a text message occurs outside of certain geographical areas. You are responsible for paying all such network related fees.
- You undertake to use the SMS service on a fair basis and exclusively for the notification of team events.
- The user acknowledges that TeamKnect is dependent on various communications networks for the delivery of its messages. We cannot guarantee the delivery of messages, nor can we guarantee the time taken for messages to be delivered. TeamKnect may adjust its offering, should the prices we pay for SMS messages be adjusted, as this is outside of TeamKnects control.
- TeamKnect reserves the right to introduce charges for the service at any time. In the event of the introduction of charges, TeamKnect will communicate this via email to its members and will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the SMS service at any time, on a permanent or temporary basis if we deem groups or members to be abusing their use of the SMS service.
- TeamKnect are not responsible for non-delivery of SMS messages to recipients caused by errors or outages on the part of mobile network providers or sms aggregators. As a result, TeamKnect does not refund undeliverable SMS messages to the customer.
CONTENTYou understand that TEAMKNECT has no editorial control over any third party content and that TEAMKNECT does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any third party content. You agree that TEAMKNECT will have no liability to You, or anyone else who uses Your Account, with regard to any third party content. Under no circumstances will TEAMKNECT be liable in any way for any Content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the user of any Content posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Service. You also understand that the third party content is the proprietary material of TEAMKNECT and/or the third party that supplies it, is protected by copyright and other applicable laws, and may not be reproduced, published, broadcasted, rewritten, or redistributed without the written permission of the third party that supplied it, except to the extent allowed under the "fair use" provisions of the copyright laws in the country in which you reside or comparable provisions of foreign laws.
MODIFICATION TO THE SERVICE
- User acknowledges that TEAMKNECT is dependent on various telecommunications and infrastructure networks for the delivery of its service and that TEAMKNECT may adjust its offering at any time. User will be notified of any such changes through publication on the Site or through e-mail describing the change.
- User understands that TEAMKNECT may, in its discretion, from time to time change, add, or remove certain features of the TEAMKNECT Service or change the terms of this Agreement by informing you through publication on the TEAMKNECT website or through an email describing the changes. If you are dissatisfied with any such changes to the TEAMKNECT Service or this Agreement, you may immediately cancel your Account as provided in Section 11 of this Agreement. In addition, TEAMKNECT reserves the right to discontinue the TEAMKNECT Service altogether for all users at any time at its discretion.
DISCLAIMERS AND WARRANTIESYou understand and agree that the service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. TeamKnect and its suppliers make no warranty that the service will meet your requirements or that use of the TEAMKNECT service or the site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; nor do TEAMKNECT or its suppliers make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the TEAMKNECT service or the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information obtained through the TEAMKNECT service (including third party content), or that any defects in the TEAMKNECT service will be corrected. simply put, TEAMKNECT makes no representation of delivery, receipt or termination of an sms message. user also acknowledges that, depending on the recipient's mobile service provider, it may not be possible to transmit the sms message to the recipient successfully, particularly if the provider does not support sms delivery at all. TEAMKNECT and its suppliers disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, regarding the TEAMKNECT service, including any implied warranty of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. You understand and agree that any material or data obtained through use of the TEAMKNECT service is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for results obtained using any such material or data or any resulting damage to your computer system or loss of data. some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. therefore, the above exclusions may not apply to you to that extent, and nothing in this section should be construed as excluding or limiting any warranty beyond what is permissible under applicable law.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
TEAMKNECT and its suppliers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special,
consequential, exemplary, or incidental damages of any nature, including but not
limited to, business interruption, loss of profits, business interruption loss of
data, injury to goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if TEAMKNECT has
been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from use of the TEAMKNECT
service by you, or anyone using your account, including, but not limited to:
- the use or the inability to use the service.
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data.
- statements or conduct of any third party on the TEAMKNECT service or the site.
- any damages or loss of any nature arising from or relating to your use of the TEAMKNECT service or use of the TEAMKNECT service through your account by anyone else. (a) TEAMKNECT shall in no event be liable to the user or anyone lse for any inaccuracy, error or omission in, or loss, injury or damage caused in whole or in part by failures, delays or interruptions of the TEAMKNECT service generally, the site, any other TEAMKNECT service and any aspect ancillary thereto; (b) TEAMKNECT shall in no event be responsible for the security of the data transmissions between TEAMKNECT and the user, including but not limited to the transmission of the payment information such as credit card numbers. TEAMKNECT expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, or implied, for the security of the data transmission between TEAMKNECT and the user. (c) TEAMKNECT's total cumulative liability to you and anyone who uses the TEAMKNECT service through your account, for any and all claims under any theory of law (including negligence), will not exceed the aggregate amount you paid to TEAMKNECT in the preceding twelve months. some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain types of liability. therefore, the above limitations of liability may not apply to you to that extent, and nothing in this section should be construed as excluding or limiting TEAMKNECT's liability beyond what is permissible under applicable law.
TEAMKNECT PAYMENTS and its suppliers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect,
special, consequential, exemplary, or incidental damages of any nature, including
but not limited to, business interruption, loss of profits, business interruption
loss of data, injury to goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if
TEAMKNECT PAYMENTS has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting
from use of the TEAMKNECT PAYMENTS service by you, or anyone using your account,
including, but not limited to:
- the use or the inability to use the service.
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data.
- statements or conduct of any third party on the TEAMKNECT service or the site.
- any damages or loss of any nature arising from or relating to your use of the TEAMKNECT service or use of the TEAMKNECT service through your account by anyone else. (a) TEAMKNECT shall in no event be liable to the user or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error or omission in, or loss, injury or damage caused in whole or in part by failures, delays or interruptions of the TEAMKNECT service generally, the site, any other TEAMKNECT service and any aspect ancillary thereto; (b) TEAMKNECT shall in no event be responsible for the security of the data transmissions between TEAMKNECT and the user, including but not limited to the transmission of the payment information such as credit card numbers. TEAMKNECT expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, or implied, for the security of the data transmission between TEAMKNECT and the user. (c) TEAMKNECT's total cumulative liability to you and anyone who uses the TEAMKNECT service through your account, for any and all claims under any theory of law (including negligence), will not exceed the aggregate amount you paid to TEAMKNECT in the preceding twelve months. some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain types of liability. therefore, the above limitations of liability may not apply to you to that extent, and nothing in this section should be construed as excluding or limiting TEAMKNECT's liability beyond what is permissible under applicable law.
- TEAMKNECT and its suppliers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or incidental damages of any nature, including but not limited to, business interruption, loss of profits, business interruption loss of data, injury to goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if TEAMKNECT has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from use of the TEAMKNECT service by you, or anyone using your account, including, but not limited to:
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
- In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release TEAMKNECT (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes and you waive any rights under any state or local law limiting the extent of such release.
- User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TEAMKNECT and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, attorneys and employees from and against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of User's breach of this Agreement, User violation of any law or the rights of a third party, the content User submits, posts or transmits through the TEAMKNECT Service, or Your use of the TEAMKNECT Service.
TERMINATION OF ACCOUNTYou may terminate Your Account, at any time and for any reason or no reason, by contacting TEAMKNECT's customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notifying TEAMKNECT in any other way of your desire to terminate your Account may result in delays in processing your request. TEAMKNECT, in its sole discretion, may immediately terminate or suspend Your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the TEAMKNECT Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if TEAMKNECT believes that You have violated, acted inconsistently with this Agreement. TEAMKNECT reserves the right to terminate Your Account and this Agreement for any other reason if TEAMKNECT gives You at least ten (10) days advance notice. Upon any such termination of Your Account,. You agree that any termination of Your access to the Service under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that TEAMKNECT may immediately deactivate or delete Your account and all related information and files in Your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that TEAMKNECT shall not be liable to You or any third-party for any termination of Your Account.
NO RESALE OF SERVICEUser agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the TEAMKNECT Service, use of the TEAMKNECT Service, or access to the TEAMKNECT Service without the prior written approval of TEAMKNECT.
LINKSThe TEAMKNECT Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. User agrees that TEAMKNECT is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that TEAMKNECT shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTSYou acknowledge and agree that the TeamKnect Service contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that as a result of use of the TeamKnect Service, you may have access to or receive information or content protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws ("intellectual property rights"). Except as expressly authorized, You agree not to violate the intellectual property rights of TEAMKNECT or any third party.
MISCELLANEOUSIf any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render such provision valid and enforceable and the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. This document and the pages referred to herein represent the entire agreement governing use of the TEAMKNECT Service and supersede any prior or contemporaneous written or oral statements by TEAMKNECT or its representatives or resellers. The failure of TEAMKNECT to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement may not be amended except as provided in Section 7. TEAMKNECT may assign this Agreement in accordance with the sale of all or substantially all of its stock or membership interest or all or substantially all of its assets to a third party.